Become A CLTS Volunteer
CLTS provides a host of different opportunities to volunteer with CLTS and assist us in our mission. Our volunteers help us in the community to succeed in our mission of fostering healthy communities through the creation, stabilization, and preservation of quality long-term affordable housing.
How To Become A Volunteer:
- Complete this online registration form.
- Select your type of volunteering opportunity (what do you want to do).
- Schedule an interview with CLTS volunteer coordinator.
- Complete the training course for that opportunity.
Current Ways To Volunteer
1. Advocate for CLTS – participate as a volunteer in your community and advocate for CLTS.
2. Special Events Volunteers staff a table or help with a one-time event. Events are seasonal mainly in the Fall, Spring and Early Summer. Event volunteers give time to a specific event and are more generalist – helping in many different ways. Volunteers give time more hours over a short time frame – such as a few months or even days vs. a year. Volunteers need to be commitment to the duration of the event.
3. Special Situation Volunteers are on-call volunteers that can help with a variety of activities depending on their skills. Situation volunteers will be activate as needed and may have an intense volunteer experience for a shorter term.
Volunteers with CLTS require different amount of training and number of hours. If you have a few hours a week to only one day every few months, we have opportunities for you.
Benefits of Volunteering
- Contribute to improving the community of Schenectady
- Learn or develop a new skill
- Boost your career options
- New experiences
- Meet a diverse range of new people
- Invitation to special events and openings
any many more…
If you have time, expertise, resource links or ideas, we need you.